Your participation means everything!
There are lots of different ways you can join in with the #DareToDream campaign. Dreams can be wee or huge, and absolutely everyone can take part, in any language!
You could take part by:
- Creating a story, song or some artwork inspired by your dreams
- Inviting a local storyteller to come to your school or community group
- Building an 'Imagination Station' in your classroom, local library, street corner or café
- Hosting a story circle in your school, local group, or even in your living room!
- Hosting a civic conversation in your local community
Send us your stories, your pictures and photos. Whether a personal dream of yours, an aspiration for the future of your local school, neighbourhood, town or city, or a dream for the future of the world, post your dreams online using the hashtag #DareToDream and help us build a colourful crowd-sourced collective dream for our future...
Step by Step:
1. Download the #DareToDream Toolkit
2. Have a look at our #DareToDream resources and decide on how you want to take part
3. Register your event so we can add you to our #DareToDream map
4. Tell everyone about it! You can download posters, logos and press information on our press page
5. Take part in our social media campaign
The most important part of this campaign is taking part, having fun and exercising your imagination. It’s also fun to share what you’ve been up to with the rest of the world. We will run a social media campaign during the programmed Scottish International Storytelling Festival. This will run from Friday 21st – Friday 28th October.
You can post your material online at any time between September and November, but we will focus social sharing over the main Festival period.
If you have a personal or group Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account, please share your dreams there!
We will have a special #DareToDream day on Thursday 27th October. On this day, we will encourage every creative citizen in Scotland to share a dream for the future on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the campaign hashtags #DareToDream, #CuirBrighRiBruadar and #DaurTaeDream. Our aim is to make Scotland’s collective imagination visible for the world to see.
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/921003241344872/
If you wanted to, you could contribute a blog, photo blog or vlog telling us how you are taking part in #DareToDream. We suggest that blogs are full of pictures and are no more than 500 words in length.